For some people, it may not be easy to introduce a second French Bulldog to the first French Bulldog. However, if they know the right things to do, it will be an easy thing to do. Of course, it will need a process for introducing the second French Bulldog to the first French Bulldog.
Introducing A Second French Bulldog To The First French Bulldog
As explained on the Frenchiestore site, it is better to introduce a new French Bulldog puppy rather than an adult one and it is better to be done when the first puppy is 2 to 3 years old. It is because at this age, they are old enough to be able to recognize change and also they are young enough to accept it.
Here are several things to do when introducing a new French Bulldog puppy to the first French Bulldog according to the Frenchiestore site.
- It must be done in a neutral meeting point. When the new French Bulldog is picked up, the first French Bulldog could be taken and then let both dogs meet before they enter the car. Also, let them sniff each other. When it is done, the first French Bulldog needs to be on a harness and leash. However, even though the first French Bulldog is on harness, make sure that it is not pulled. Pulling on it can be done if the dog is growling or snarling. If both dogs can interact well, the first French Bulldog can be unleashed. And then, they can familiarize with each other.
- Both dogs need to be treated equally. Treating them equally is done to avoid them being jealous. When they are fed, it needs to be given at the same time, but of course in different bowls. It is also important to teach them to respect each other’s boundaries.
- They should be monitored. In the early stages, French Bulldog will need to be monitored and it can be done while taking note of how the progress of them to be together. Usually, older French bulldogs will not have a problem when they are with young puppies. However, the French Bulldog puppies sometimes may be annoying to the older French Bulldog so that watching the way they interact and also discouraging any form of aggression is important to be done.
Can A French Bulldog Get Along With Another French Bulldog?
Before having two French Bulldogs, knowing whether two French Bulldogs can get along or not is important. Well, a French Bulldog can get along with another French Bulldog. However, it does not mean that French Bulldogs cannot get along with the other breeds of dogs, but French Bulldogs will be happier when they are with French Bulldogs. The reason is because French Bulldogs are pack animals and they recognize other doggos from their pack or breed and they will instantly like each other as explained on the Daily French Bulldog.
The Reasons of a French Bulldog Needs Another French Bulldog
As explained on the Frenchiestore site, here are the reasons why a French Bulldog needs another French Bulldog.
- A French Bulldog needs another French Bulldog or better in pairs because these dogs are social animals. Besides, they are also outgoing. When they have a friend which means another French Bulldog, they will appreciate the security and comfort that they have and they will be happier. In addition, they also will have mental stimulation.
- Another reason is that if there are two French Bulldogs, it means that they will be able to serve as role models to each other. What does it mean? You need to know that French Bulldogs like to copy each other and it can help to reduce the stress of training. So, if the first French Bulldog has good manners, the second one will copy it. However, if the first French Bulldog is not trained and socialized well, the first French Bulldog will not be able to be a role model for another French Bulldog and it will not be a good thing. Instead, some issues may happen such as joint digging up of your garden and other severe destructive behaviours.
- French Bulldogs like to cuddle which means that if there is another French Bulldog, the first French Bulldog will have a friend to cuddle. When they are together and they have been trained and socialized well, they will snuggle into each other on their dog bed so it will permit them to be warm and comfortable.
- There is a statement that if there are two French Bulldogs, they will live longer. When two French Bulldogs live together, they will get rid of each other’s anxiety or loneliness. They will make each other happy and as a result, they will live a stress-free life which may have the possibility of extending their life. In addition, they will exercise with each other where it will be able to help to keep them healthy with ideal body weight.
Two Male French Bulldogs Get Along
Some people may wonder whether two French Bulldogs can get along or not. Some people may be afraid that if there are two French Bulldogs, they will fight or do bad things. According to the Frenchiestore site, you do not have to be worried whether two male French Bulldogs will show dominance issues. It is because not all male French Bulldogs do this thing. Two male French Bulldogs can live peacefully together as long as the owner establishes that the owner is the boss and it must be done since both dogs are puppies. If both dogs understand that the owner is their boss, it will discourage any dominance issues that may happen.
If both male French Bulldogs are trained and socialized well, the owner should not have to be afraid that they will show dominance issues. Instead, if they are trained and socialized well, they should be able to get along well.
Well, that’s all about introducing two French Bulldogs. It is important for you to note that if you are a muslim, it is probihited for you to have a dog as a pet.