Do you have a dog in your home? What type dog you have? There are many types of the dog that can be the great pet home. One of them is Pitbull. By the way, do you know the information about Pitbull? You have to know that Pitbull is the common name for a type of dog. According to the research, there are many people who own this dog to be their friend and protect their home. Sometime, there are some people who think that the term “pit bull” refers to a single breed of dog. Of course, it is the wrong opinion; instead, “pit bull” is a group which contains several breeds of dog. There are many types of pitbulls. The three most common types are the American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier and American Staffordshire terrier. There are many breeders who provide Pitbull or Pitbull puppy for sale. We can purchase the dog with variety prices.
Talk about Pitbull, at the moment, in this article we are going to talk about Pitbull in Ontario. You have to know that no all state can allow the Pitbulls. Are Pitbulls allowed in Ontario? We get information that in Ontario the Pitbulls are not allowed. You should know that the legislation ban Pitbulls and their importation into Ontario. If you have a Pitbull, you have to ensure that you will not sale your Pitbull to Ontario. In this case, you are going to be in contravention of the law if you sale or import the Pitbull into this province.
Why Pitbulls in Ontario are banned? Originally, Pitbulls were banned in 1991. It is after the Dangerous Dogs Act. Of course, this probation has the goals. One of them is to stamp out illegal dog fighting. Usually, in this illegal dog fighting, there are training methods such as stringing them up by their teeth or slamming the dogs into brick walls. The primary dog law in Ontario that bans specific canines is part of the Dog Owners’ Liability Act. To know more information about Ontario Pitbull law, you are able to visit the official website of Ministry of the Attorney General Ontario. On that website, there are the explanations about Public Safety Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act. Well, in this article we will share some explanations about Public Safety Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act. Let us see its explanation in the text below.
- The Ontario government introduced Bill 132 to change the Dog Owners’ Liability Act (DOLA) on October 26, 2004. It related amendments to the Animals for Research Act (ARA).
- Since August 29, 2005, the Ontario government banned the Pitbulls.
- All dog owners have to comply with the amended requirements of DOLA and other provisions of law.
- The owners of Pitbulls may keep their existing dogs, as long as they comply with certain requirements.
- The amendments to DOLA prohibit individuals from Pitbull breeding, owning and importing the Pitbulls. Besides that, training the Pitbull to fight is also prohibited.