Animal Planet is really successful with the show known as Pitbulls and Parolees. It is actually not surprising why the show is successful and popular as it offers something different compared to the other shows. The amount of seasons and episodes that it has shows how successful and popular it is.
Due to the popularity of the show, a lot of people are interested in Villalobos Rescue Center, including the dogs and the employees. Some of them find it interesting to work as an employee at the place. Not only helping the Pitbulls, you can also get the joy of sharing with the others.
If you want to ever dream of taking a part of Villalobos Rescue Center team, the rescue center offers a chance for everyone to be a volunteer. If you have spare time, you can try this with your friends or your family members.
According to vrcpitbull.com, there is only a program that is available at the time at the city location. It is to walk the dog. As you might have seen on the show, the dogs are walking around the neighboring area. In addition to walking, the volunteers can also sit down and hang out with the chosen dogs.
There are a few things that you have to take note about being a volunteer at Villalobos Rescue Center. Please read every point well as all of them are important.
- If you are thinking of bringing your personal dog to the Villalobos Rescue Center, then you will have to forget it as bringing the personal dog with you is not allowed.
- If you are wondering if you can come with a small child, actually, you are allowed to do so. However, your options of the dog will be limited to the dogs that can tolerate or are friendly with children. Even though you get a permit to bring a small child, you are still encouraged to bury your plan as it is too risky for your child as there are just too many big dogs out at the same time.
- If you want to walk a dog or hold a dog, you must be at least 16 years of age or older. For those who have not reached 18 years of age, you will have to be accompanied by an adult.
- It is a must for you to have good walking shoes. Wearing open toed shoes or sandals is a no. Wearing the proper ones is needed to prevent you from tripping or falling.
- You are allowed to take photos of your experience but remember that you can do it when the walk is over and when the dog is tired and relaxed.
- According to the official website of Villalobos Rescue Center, the scheduled times to walk the dogs are 8 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, and 8 PM.
Once you understand every point and you agree with these things mentioned above, it is time for you to be a volunteer of Villalobos Rescue Center by following these following instructions:
- The first thing that you have to do is to prepare yourself. Please ask yourself about the intention of your plan. If you want to make a visit because you support the mission that the rescue center has, which is saving the dogs, then go on. However, if you have a different intention, please do not even try to walk through the gates of the place. Besides, do not forget to bring something like walking shoes and so on.
- Another thing that should be checked is the weather forecast. Apparently, the schedule will be canceled if there is heavy rain or if the weather is extreme, so please check the weather forecast of the day you will be visiting.
- When you are ready about everything and you think the day is going to be sunny, you can just go to the location of Villalobos Rescue Center at 4525 North Claiborne Avenue, New Orleans, Los Angeles 70117 since requesting to be a volunteer does not require you to make an appointment. Please arrive at the location at least five minutes before schedule.
- When you arrive at Villalobos Rescue Center, you will have to meet the lead dog walker named Kyle. This one will ask you to fill out the volunteer necessary paperwork.
- After completing everything, you will be able to start your experience as a volunteer.
It should be easy for you to become a volunteer at a rescue center featured on Pitbulls and Parolees called Villalobos Rescue Center if you follow the guide above well. For more information about how to become a volunteer in Villalobos Rescue Center, you can visit the official website of Villalobos Rescue Center at vrcpitbull.com. If you have some questions to ask, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unlike the other customer support, sending an email is best as the team does monitor the emails sent to them constantly. On the other hand, they are not able to sit by the phone. It means the response that you get might be longer compared to sending an email.
Actually, it is quite confusing about the volunteer program at Villalobos Rescue Center. The official website explains about everything yet it also notifies that the rescue center no longer allows volunteers behind the gates or onto any of their properties due to a number of safety or security concerns. Everything is for the sake of the family, staff, and the dogs. Plus, it is also stated that since New Orleans is still under pandemic restrictions, becoming a volunteer is unlikely. From the first statement, it seems like they are closed to the public temporarily. However, there is also a possibility of the rescue center being closed for public visit forever. If you want to know the actual thing, you might want to try to ask the representative of Villalobos Rescue Center by sending an email to the email address that has been mentioned before.