If you are a person who likes watching Pitbulls and Parolees, you may wonder where you can find the information about dog adoption. Here, you will get the information about it. So, here it is.
The setting of the Pitbull and Parolees is Villalobos Rescue Center. So, if you need the information about adoption information, you are able to get it by accessing the website of Villalobos Rescue Center. In the website of Villalobos Rescue Center, there is an Adoption Process menu which can be found at the top right of the screen.
In the Adoption Process page of the site, it is explained that they have been adopting out dogs for decades and have found it necessary to lay out the guidelines. So, it will help them to get a better insight about you and your family and also to determine which dog will be suitable for all involved.
What information can we get from that site? You can read about it below.
The Process of Adoption
On the Adoption Process page of the Villalobos site, there is the information about fees/ costs and here are the points of it.
- The adoption counselors of Villalobos Rescue Center spend hours and days to interview adoption candidates and spending a countless amount of time trying to pair up the right dog for your family. So, if you want to adopt a dog from Villalobos Rescue Center, you have to make sure that you are seriously and currently interested in adopting. They also state that they do not process applications for the future.
- Fee is an important thing to know. The adoption fee in Villalobos Rescue Center is $300.00 where your dog will be fully vaccinated, micro-chipped, neutered or spayed, heartworm free and receive a free ‘congratulations on your new dog’ training/ behavioural session via phone or zoom. It is important for you to note that the adoption fee is non-refundable.
- After the team of Villalobos Rescue Center receives your application, if it is approved at the preliminary stage, one of their adoption counselors will make contact with you and ask for information about your yard, landlord (if applicable) and many more. In this stage, you have to be patient because this process can take up to 2 weeks.
- Then, the next step of the adoption process is to fit you with the right dog. One of their other adoption counselors will spend a bit of time with you and even sometimes they will need some phone calls. Here, you are also required to be patient because Villalobos team takes pride in their through adoption process and they want it to be forever.
The Things to Know If You Want To Adopt When You Have an Existing Dog in Your Home
On the Adoption Process page of the Villalobos site, there is also information about adopting when you have an existing dog in your home. The points of it can be read below.
- Do you have an existing small breed dog in your home? If so, they will not adopt out a larger breed dog including their Pit Bulls into your home. They do it for the safety of your dog. Nevertheless, they do have some non Pitbull medium to smaller breed dogs that may work out. You may be asked to take your dog to Louisiana to do a preliminary introduction with the dogs that can be discussed with their adoption counselor.
- If there is an existing non pitbull in your home and you want to adopt one of the non pitbulls from Villalobos, you will be asked to make the drive to have the dogs meet first.
- If there is an existing pitbull in your home and you want to adopt Pitbull type dogs from Villalobos, you must be within an 8 hour drive from the Villalobos facility and it will be on a case by case basis.
- If there is an existing non-pitbull that you have in your home and you want to adopt one of the pitbull type dogs from Villalobos, you need to be within an 8 hour drive from the Villalobos facility and it will be on a case by case basis.
Villalobos Rescue Center Do Not Adopt To These People
On the Adoption Process page of Villalobos website, there are some points that they do not adopt to people who are explained below.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not adopt to people who have cats at home. It is because Villalobos do not have the means to properly test their dogs. They will not take a chance on the safety of your cats and put one of their dogs into this situation.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not adopt to people who have children under 5 years old. It is because they do not have the proper set up to temperament test their dogs for this scenario.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not adopt to people who have a home which are under HOA guidelines unless they are able to receive in writing that you are permitted to have the dog that you are interested in adopting from them.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not require a fenced yard. However, if you have one, it must be at least 5 to 6 feet tall depending on which dog you are interested in.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not adopt their dogs out for the purposes of making them into ‘service dog’. There are too many people or trainers fraudulently getting fake service dog vests and unscrupulous trainers claiming that they are credentialed. Villalobos’ team do not want to have their dog put into a situation that they are not qualified for.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not adopt out of the country.
- Villalobos Rescue Center does not fly their dogs. Each dog which is adopted will be driven by their staff to your home.
It means that Villalobos is very serious in taking care of their dogs so that when there is a person who wants to adopt a dog from Villalobos, the Villalobos team will do their best to make sure that the person is serious to adopt or not.